Our vision is foundational to the core beliefs and values we have. When we lose our vision we can lose our motivation and passions to keep moving forward into where God wants us to be. We can get stuck and begin to lose sight of our calling and purpose. The solution is twofold; once we gain clarity in why we lost our vision we can find clarity in how to regain it.
CLARITY in Passion Lost
There are many factors that could cause us to lose our path. Pinpointing these factors is the first step in moving forward. Two main factors are habits and regrets:
• Habits - Gaining clarity in our mindsets can have an impact on motivational patterns and perceptions of self and the world. This recognition of patterns will help when facing changes needed. You will begin to look at failure and struggles in old patterns through a different lens. A shift in patterns and becoming aware of those past mindsets is needed in order to stay motivated. In 1 Peter 1:14 we are reminded “not to be conformed any longer to the pattern of this world….”. Patterns are biblically foundational.
• Regrets - Facing disappointments and looking back at dreams not pursued can also cause a person to experience a loss. You may have a sense of regret because you didn’t take a risk on something you were truly passionate about.
CLARITY in Regaining Passion
The next step is gaining clarity in what you can do differently. We will look at four factors:
- Reminders - Once you identify your values, the outcomes you desire, and what will honor God you can move forward again. You must remind yourself of who you are, how God wired and uniquely designed you, and what He has called you to do. The result is regaining your motivation in your purpose and passion!
- Rewards - Celebrating wins even in failure becomes a reward! When we fail, we need to celebrate our failure by looking at it from a new perspective: “what can I learn from this experience?”. When you take what you learn as a win, your failure becomes valuable and your learning is key.
- Replacements - Adding new structures and strategies will give you direction to a new perspective. If you begin to replace old patterns with new mindsets you will attain different outcomes. As you shift your mindset you will see results that will help you achieve what matters most. In Roman’s 12:2, Paul exhorts us to “ be transformed by the renewing of our minds.” Your core beliefs and values become alive again. This will produce the fruit of peace and joy in your life.
- Accountability – This is a way to assess where we are, what is working, and what is not. In order to stay intentional, and to measure our true success, accountability is key. It has been said “the classic definition of crazy is to continue to do things the same way and expect different results. If nothing changes, nothing changes”. The benefits of gaining accountability will help you achieve all God has for you.
AIM AND ACTION
Once we begin to gain clarity in these key areas we can take action and regain momentum to set up structures to give us guard rails to stay on track.
How can you align your thinking so you can regain clarity needed to transform mindsets or habits?
How can you be more equipped to face regrets?
What new structures can you replace to keep momentum toward dreams and goals?
How will you set up accountability to measure true success in living out your values, vision and passion?
When we gain clarity in what we lost, realize what we can gain, and take action to move toward our passion, we then begin to regain a new hope, discover new skills, and reap the incredible results and future rewards.